IMPORTANT NOTE: We have received dozens and dozens of amazing applications from people who are passionate about ag, marketing, and sales. As such, we are no longer accepting applications. We do, however, thank you for your interest.
We're doubtful the perfect person for this position exists. A marketing AND sales wizard who ALSO knows cattle? Impossible! But we're going to look anyway, hoping ... dreaming that a one-in-a-million individual will come knocking at our door, looking to join a kick-ass team. We're going to be patient and will wait as long as we need to for the person who fits the below job description to a T. Is it you? Are you the rare Unicow?
POSITION – GROWTH MARKETING MANAGER (Remote)
We believe farmers and ranchers are the unsung heroes of our world. They work tirelessly to feed a planet of some 8 billion people, rewarded with neither fortune nor fame, not even a thank you sir/ma’am.
Ritchey Livestock ID manufacturers a $1.00 plastic identification tag for livestock. While we owe farmers and ranchers so much more, the least we can do is to get this small task right for them. In our own, tiny little way, we can help them win the day.
This is a full-time, remote position for a B2C agricultural manufacturing company in Brighton, Colorado. Reporting to the Owner/CEO. We’re seeking a creative first, data driven Growth Marketing Manager who is passionate about the farmers & ranchers in this world.
As the Growth Marketing Manager, you will play the lead role in shaping and executing our marketing & sales strategies while also weaving a compelling narrative around our brand. This position demands a unique blend of skills, combining sales, creativity, marketing, data analysis, and storytelling. The ideal candidate will be a strategic thinker capable of developing a customer experience journey that not only attracts new leads but also converts them into loyal brand ambassadors through the power of storytelling.
Chief Storyteller & Influencer: A western Walt Disney. Passion for our agriculture producers and an understanding of psychology make it easy for you to engage people and build relationships. You weave storytelling into marketing materials, campaigns, sales strategies, and brand messaging to create a cohesive and memorable brand identity.
Doer: An Owners Mindset. Roll-up your sleeves & get sh*t done. We’re hands-on people here at Ritchey. You have an entrepreneurial mindset and can demonstrate a proven track record of acquiring business creatively.
Dual-minded: Strategic yet granular, creative yet disciplined. You’ve always known that creativity and data analysis are powerful allies.
Innovate & create: A wild mind and disciplined eye. We like Einstein’s take … “Creativity is seeing what everyone else has seen and thinking what no one else has thought.” Necessary is the ability to see alternative ways of doing things and the guts to bend the rules and suggest cutting edge and even outrageous ideas.
Scrappy: Resourceful & creative. You quickly learn new skills and adapt. In the absence of opulence, you move forward with pure grit, passion and determination. You solve problems in ways that others can’t.
Swiss Army Knife: A Jack/Jill of many trades. The ability and curiosity to master and collect expertise in numerous different areas with a few areas of true expertise that set you apart from the crowd.
The Closer. You are being hired to drive growth. Period. You take great pride in landing the fish (better yet – whale).
Always starting with our farmers and ranchers in mind …
- Responsible for the entire customer lifecycle from building awareness, to purchase, to creating superfans/brand ambassadors.
- Craft and implement comprehensive marketing & sales strategies, plans, and budgets to drive revenue growth and long-term profitability.
- Build marketing & sales strategies around analytical tools (ex: Google Analytics) and data analysis, including conversion rates, customer retention rates, customer acquisition rates, and customer lifetime value.
- Oversee all customer acquisition channels - paid ads, display ads, SEO, social media, affiliate marketing and influencer marketing.
- Tell stories through regular, creative, on-brand content creation (e.g. ads, social posts, product photography & videos, website copy).
- Attend industry tradeshows as required and stay updated on & adapt to industry trends, competitor activities, and consumer behavior.
WHO WE NEED - KEY EXPERTISE & REQUIREMENTS.
- A background in or strong understanding of livestock agriculture.
- A bachelor's degree or equivalent experience and 5+ years’ experience in a marketing or sales leadership role.
- A command of best practices and trends in sales & marketing and experience with building and converting audiences both online & off.
- Strong analytical, organizational, creative thinking, communication, interpersonal, and selling skills.
- Perseverance and Persistence.
- Experience in crafting and delivering compelling brand stories.
- Robust attention to detail, giving importance to the minutest details to create an overall enriching storytelling experience.
- Experience with CRM software = Salesforce.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite & in web analytics softwareand keyword tools.
WHO WE WANT.
- A person who focuses intently on completing a project, combining heart, head, and hands. Somebody who is enthusiastic and proficient at their job but is committed to something more: the details that go unnoticed and that are seemingly insignificant to others. They have not been asked to improve by a customer or a boss; it is strictly for themself and for the love of what they do.
- Full time.
- Salary - $75,000 + future possibility of commission
- Remote with a preferred location in the central U.S.
- A part of the Senior Leadership Team.
- 25% travel required.
WHAT WE HAVE TO OFFER.
- Small company atmosphere. We’re proud to be the David vs. the Goliath.
- A culture that believes in getting a little better each day.
- A place where your input is valued and makes a difference.
- Team of two consisting of Tradeshow Manager and contract Digital Marketing consultant.
- United States (Required)
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Ritchey Livestock ID is a little company that believes in big ideas; a company that enjoys the grind of getting better each day. We make farm & ranch life easier through superior service and by producing a livestock ID tag that Never Fades.
Eugene “Gene” Ritchey and his wife, Jo, founded Ritchey in 1964. Gene was raised on a dairy farm and became a lifelong farming and ranching businessman. Through Gene's experience in agriculture, he understood the need for livestock identification that lasts for the life of the animal. For over 50 years, Gene, Jo, and their sons Grant and Craig manufactured the only tags in the market allowing numbers and/or letters to be permanently engraved into a dual-colored tag. This unique method results in information that NEVER FADES, guaranteed. Ritchey Ear Tags are second to none in the industry - unsurpassed in legibility, retention, and durability.
In 2020, the Ritchey family sold the company to the Robert L. Kelley Jr. family out of Western Nebraska. The Kelley family, with deep roots in farming and ranching stretching down to 1926, has doubled down on a strategy to provide the best customer experience and identification tag in the industry.
Ritchey Livestock ID is an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to providing an environment of respect where equal opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law. We believe that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success as a company, and we seek to recruit, develop, and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.